It's a modular tube, delivering exceptional taste. But one looming question always follows the Aeropress wherever it goes: "How do I use it?".
Fear no more, we've got two recipes for ways to enjoy the Aeropress.
Method #1: Level Ground's Favourite Method
Warning: we use the inverted method. There is no reason to be afraid of it. Let's conquer that fear together!
Recipe: 1 1/2 scoops ground coffee, enough water to fill the aeropress
- Put the top chamber inside the bottom chamber, and turn over. (It should look like the photo above.)
- Add 1 1/2 aeropress scoops of ground coffee (or 3 tbsp) *it's a really, really good idea to use the funnel to add the coffee. If grinds get into the top, step 6 might get tricky!
- Fill with water to just above the #1 and just below the rim.
- Wait 30 seconds, then stir.
- Fill with water again up to #1. Set timer.
- Screw lid (with pre-wet filter in it) to the top chamber. (*We hope you used the funnel in step 2, or this could get awkward.)
- When timer reaches 2 minutes, turn over* and press.
*Turning over is really just like pouring from a regular spout. Turn it confidently, and you will have no problem.
Method #2: SCAA Recommendation.
Recipe: 33g fine grind coffee, 113g (mL) of water
- Place filter in Aeropress & preheat by pouring hot water through it.
- Add coffee to bottom chamber of Aeropress & place on scale; tare scale to zero with cup underneath the Aeropress.
- Start timer and add 113g (mL) of water.
- When all the water has been added, stir the slurry (coffee & water mixture).
- When timer reaches 1 minute, stir slurry, add top chamber and press like mad.
This will produce a concentrated drink that can be enjoyed on its own or can be diluted with equal parts hot water to produce a more American-like beverage.