Position: Production Worker
Position Type: Permanent full-time
Effective: Starting immediately
Compensation: Starting wage to be discussed; training & increases based on compatibility and skills.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Level Ground Trading trades fairly and directly with small-scale farmers in 10 countries. Our mission is to promote sustainability and well-being through long term trade relationships where fair prices are paid and premiums are invested in producer communities for capacity building. We import coffee, tea, dried fruit, cane sugar, vanilla beans, coconut oil, heirloom rice and spices.
At home in Victoria BC, we send nothing to landfill, pay staff to bike, bus or carpool to work and reclaim empty packaging for local upcycling projects.
Together, we’re building a food system focused on sustainability and well-being. Want to join?
We're looking for people who are:
- Detail-oriented, and
- Responsible team players that value hard work, safety, and quality.
Level Ground’s Production facility is a multi-discipline, high output environment where our products are shipped, coffee is roasted & packaged, and customers are made happy! We have a small team and are looking for a stellar teammate with strong interpersonal communication skills. Team members will be taken through all areas of our production facility beginning with order processing and packaging, and then moving onto roasting, delivery and beyond.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate experience in and/or hold:
- Physical fitness - ability to list and carry 20kg regularly and work on your feet all day
- Ability to use a computer, web-based applications, and word processor
- Food Safe Certificate
- Valid BC Drivers License (Class 5 preferred) with a clean driving record
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Food production
- Warehousing, or stock room
- Coffee production (wow!)
- Delivery driving, large vehicle
- Working in a packaging environment
- Apple-based computer
Level Ground Perks:
- Working in a creative, innovative, and exciting company culture that is driven to make a difference in the world
- Delicious gourmet coffees and teas while you work!
- Extended medical and dental plan (at 3 months)
- 13 streams of recycling for your household to use at no cost to you
- Ethical fund RRSP group plan with corporate matching contributions up to 2.5% of your annual income (at 1 year)
- Green commute subsidies
- Learning and development on sustainable business practices through our weekly company-wide huddles
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com