- Position: Barista, Customer Service, QA Team
- Position Type: Full-time, contract. Reviewed in January 2019.
- Hours: 40 hours/week
- Compensation: $16/hour
This posting closes on July 30th. Please see bottom of this post to apply.
Level Ground Trading is Fair Trade organization established in 1997. Our mission is to trade fairly and directly with small-scale producers in developing countries and to market their products in North America offering our customers ethical consumer choices. We import coffee, tea, dried fruit, cane sugar, spices, coconut oil, and rice from small-scale producers. Our products are sold through a network of fair trade stores, grocery & health stores, cafés, and non-profit organizations across North America.
Level Ground Trading's Quality team is a co-operative, communicative, forward-thinking & positive environment where hard work, innovation, and amazing customer service are valued. Tasting Room staff members are responsible for preparing amazing drinks and providing a uniquely engaging customer service.
Your role at Level Ground will to be the barista in our Tasting Room – a “living” representation of our brand and the hands that serve the coffee. A successful Level Ground Barista will be able to greet the public with friendly professionalism and serve delicious drinks. Coffee and fair trade knowledge is a key component of the job, with coffee service being the primary starting point. You must know how to prepare delicious espresso based beverages and make adjustments to suit the coffee and follow our taste standards. Other tasks include the care and maintenance of the coffee bars within the Tasting Room. This includes:
- Receiving customers
- Handling payments responsibly
- Keeping the space clean, safe, and organized
- Maintaining a professional appearance
- Keeping customers comfortable
- Having a good time with amazing coffee, tea, and other Level Ground stuff!
Sound like you’d fit in here? Please introduce yourself by sending a resume, and answering the following questions, to email@example.com by July 30th, 2018.
- Do you drink coffee or tea regularly? How do you prepare it at home or order it at a coffee shop?
- What kind of experience are you looking for when you enter one of Victoria's coffee shops?
- Have you had a negative experience in a local shop? If so, please describe.
- If a customer was in a hurry, and in trying to prepare their order quickly the drink you made was not up to SCA standards, what would you do?
- Can you describe how to "dial in" an espresso machine?