Position: Sales Administration and Special Projects
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm (37.5 hours per week)
Position Type: Full-time, 14+ month internship contract
Effective: Starting March 12th, 2018
Compensation: Salary based on experience and qualifications
Paid Time Off: 13 days + 1 day/year longevity (pro-rated)
Submit resume to email@example.com by February 15th, 2018
Together, we’re building a food system focused on sustainability and well-being. Want to join?
SALES TEAM OVERVIEW
Level Ground Trading’s Sales Team is a co-operative, communicative, forward-thinking positive environment where hard work and innovation are valued. Our Sales Team culture, with a foundation based on trust, provides a safe work environment that is non-blaming and non-judging. Supporting one another through each challenge and success is a necessity to succeeding in this role. The goal of the sales team is for each one of us to be using our talents to the best of our ability to experience personal, team, and organizational success.
This position will join our team working towards market expansion in combination with special projects to support the sales team and Level Ground’s green initiatives.
This position will include:
- Collaborating with the Sales Manager to set clear objectives
- Promoting environmental responsibility through Level Ground’s business model
- Working with sales team through account maintenance, support, and growth
- Learning and being proficient with several systems (OMS, EDI, and online account portals)
- Processing orders with a high level of attention to detail
- Providing input and participating in bi-weekly sales team meetings
- Business-related post-secondary education with a focus in sales/marketing/sustainability
- Related work experience in a sales and administrative role preferred
This position combines sales and customer service skills with administration. Competence in this position will require a passion for social and environmental sustainability, along with an ease in customer service, and administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and Web-based applications
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed. (We operate in a Mac-based environment)
Specific Required Skills/Efforts
- Success in this position will depend on your ability to understand others, predict their needs and offer solutions in a friendly manner. Professional appearance and dialogue as well as the ability to create friendly relationships will be important.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to gauge the needs of customers, and to communicate actions needed to both the customers and other departments throughout Level Ground.
- Confidence to ask timely questions, offer information and initiate methods for increasing exposure of the products.
- Flexibility and wisdom to put the time in where it makes the biggest impact.
- Sensitivity to the needs/opinions of co-workers, ability to put yourself in their shoes to figure out a solution that works for everyone.
- Ability to determine priorities and put the most amount of time into efforts that provide the biggest impact long-term.
- Awareness and passion for social and environmental sustainability
- Familiarity with Fair Trade principles
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Experience with online sales platforms
This position may be supported by a government hiring program. As such, we encourage candidates who meet the following requirements to apply:
- Canadian post-secondary graduate
- 30 years of age or younger upon start date
- Not currently employed full-time
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person granted refugee status
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not have participated in any other Youth Employment Strategy programs (ie. Career Focus)
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close February 15th.