- 1 cup Long-Grain Rice
- 3 cups water
- 4 large green onions, finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated/rasped
- 1/3 cup dried mango, torn
- 1/3 cup dried banana
- 1/3 cup coconut ribbons
- 1 t Za'toun zaatar
- 1 1/2 T curry powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- organic pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
Cook the rice in a pot over medium heat. Reduce the heat when the rice begins to boil. Once all the water has been absorbed place the lid on the pot and let rest off the heat.
Place the next eight ingredients into a stainless steel bowl, add the rice and stir with a spoon. Add the melted coconut oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve warm or let cool to room temperature, whatever your preference.
Note: Za’atar is a Middle Eastern condiment comprising oregano, thyme, savory, sumac, sesame seeds, salt and other spices. It may be found at many ethnic grocers or food stores