How to Brew: French Press
METHOD #1: LEVEL GROUND'S FAVOURITE METHOD
Recipe: 55g coarse grind coffee, 1L of water
- Add ground coffee into press
- Add water, just off the boil. Pour water in with lots of turbulence, saturating the grounds
- Stir with a non-metalic spoon
- Place the lid on, and press just below level
- Let stand for 4 minutes
- Press. Pour. Enjoy!
Check out our video instructional below!
METHOD #2: SCAA RECOMMENDATION
Recipe: 40g medium-coarse grind coffee, 672g (mL) of water
- Preheat your french press with hot water
- Place freshly ground coffee in press
- Start the timer & begin pouring hot water into the press
- Completely saturate the grounds with all the water. Stir.
- Place the lid with the plunger up on the press
- When the timer is at 2 minutes, remove the lid & stir the coffee again
- Using two spoons, skim the oils & remaining floating grounds off the top of the brew. This will produce a cleaner cup & will stop the coffee from extracting
- Place the plunger back on top & press down slowly
- Decant into your favourite mug.