VANILLA RICE PUDDING
Recipe by Lindsay Pleskot.
See the original recipe on her blog here.
Get ready for a treat! As a major bonus it’s also breakfast approved, which is how I’ve been enjoying it this week. Throw on some fresh berries (maybe some coconut cream…) and a handful of nuts to balance it out with some fiber, antioxidants and protein and you’re set for one awesome morning!
- 1 cup Violet Rice
- 2 cups + 1/2 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 vanilla beans (seeds from one, the other placed in rice cooker whole)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients except the 1/2 cup of sweetened almond milk to your rice cooker.
- Once rice cooker turns off, ad remaining 1/2 cup of milk and stir to combine. This will give a nice rich, creamy consistency.
- Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
Note - You can substitute the almond milk for any milk of choice. If it is unsweetened, add approx. 3 Tbsp of a sweetener of choice (suggest honey, or maple syrup). You can also use just one or the other of the sweetened or unsweetened vanilla almond milk. If you use all unsweetened, again, you may wish to add a sweetener of choice. If you opt for all sweetened, you will end up with a slightly sweeter pudding
(Thank you again to Lindsay Pleskot for the lovely recipe & photos - see the original on her blog here).