How to Brew: French Press Coffee
METHOD #1: LEVEL GROUND METHOD
- Add ground coffee into press.
- Add water, just off the boil. Pour water in with lots of turbulence, saturating the grounds.
- Stir with a non-metalic spoon.
- Place the lid on, and press just below level.
- Let stand for 4 minutes.
- Pour. Enjoy!
METHOD #2: SCA RECOMMENDATION
- Preheat your french press with hot water.
- Place freshly ground coffee in press.
- Start the timer & begin pouring hot water into the press.
- Completely saturate the grounds with all the water. Stir.
- Place the lid with the plunger up on the press.
- When the timer is at 2 minutes, remove the lid & stir the coffee again.
- Using two spoons, skim the oils & remaining floating grounds off the top of the brew. This will produce a cleaner cup & will stop the coffee from extracting.
- Place the plunger back on top & press down slowly.
- Decant into your favourite mug.
← Older post
Newer post →