Coffee in your dessert - what could be better than that? If you've never made Tiramisu before, we promise it's easier than you think and tastes delicious. Tiramisu is a traditional Italian dessert that has layers of espresso dipped lady fingers and mascarpone cheese that is perfect for the holidays.
Ingredients (6-9 servings):
- 1 package of lady fingers
- 1 1/2 cups of Level Ground Espresso
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 275g container of mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cocoa power or chocolate shavings for the top
- Make your espresso! The best way would be to use an espresso machine but if you don't have one, you can use a french press or drip coffee machine. Put the coffee in a shallow dish and let it cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream and use an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Slowly start adding the sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until you see stiff peaks.
- Start to fold in the mascarpone until it's combined.
- Dip the lady fingers in the coffee and make sure they have absorbed enough coffee - don't soak them too long or they will be mushy!
- Start layering in your container alternating between the lady fingers and your mascarpone mixture.
- Lastly, sprinkle some cocoa power with a mesh sieve over the top or take a chocolate bar and use a grater to create shavings (or do both!).
- Place the tiramisu in your fridge for at least an hour before serving.